Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Happy time with Mom!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Happy time with Mom!


This was in 1972-at Christmas.

Mom was living in Ocala at this time and we were in Miami. She would be with us every Christmas (well,almost always)
She would come down on the train. The kids were young and it was always a big deal to meet Ma-Ma at the train station, downtown Miami!

This picture reflects the happiness of having Mom with us for a few days! This was Christmas Eve!

~~~

"1972" -Mom was a couple years younger than I am now! (63) And I was a young mom of 3-age 31 years!

Time just keeps rolling!

It's both sad and happy times - looking at old pictures...

Mom was always so pretty!

I will always miss her!

J.

4 Comments:

At 10:39 AM , Blogger Skye said...

That's a lovely picture, Junie! Makes me feel very YOUNG, though, as I was a 4-month-old baby at the time this photo was taken! I think you look very pretty.

It's true that looking at old pictures can create a mixture of happiness and sadness, all at the same time.

 
At 10:50 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

:) Thanks for looking, Skye!

Life is weird, isn't it!

Here I am in this picture, at about your own age...and my mom was about the age I am now!

At the time this was taken my kids were about ages
9, 10, and 13!

I remember that was a happy Christmas for us all.

Junie

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Susie said...

Lots of memories come rushing back during the holidays. I remember when you posted that picture before how happy you both looked..
:)

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thankks for reading and looking, Sue.

Yes, lots of good memories of Mom.

J.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home