Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Christmas-Perrine

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Christmas-Perrine

The Christmas I was twelve, my sister got a beautiful walking doll with shiny blonde hair!

I got a red silky and ruffled party dress. Mom gave me my gift early. I needed it for a very
special event at school. It was for a school-boy/girl type - social...a Christmas Sock-Hop!
We all danced in our elaborately decorated socks in the school gym!
(something new and exciting, for me!)

So I had one less gift to open on Christmas morning. I did, however, get my first camera that Christmas!

This was my first Christmas of not getting a doll and probably my sister's last Christmas doll!


SO...a page turned...

I felt a sadness in leaving my childhood behind...

( Some might argue that I STILL haven't done that! ) :)


Just remembering...Dec. 2003

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home