Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Picking flowers for Ma-Ma

Friday, February 24, 2006

Picking flowers for Ma-Ma



Picking flowers for Ma-Ma...



This is a springtime photo I have always loved of my granddaughter, Alli (in pink) and my sister’s granddaughter, Chey.(in blue)

They are just weeks apart in age and spent a lot of time together in their younger years, and, thankfully, Mom was able to spend a lot of time with both of them when they were little.

This was a spring day when these little girls were about age 2 1/2. They were caught up in a flower-picking race; it seemed, to see who could bring Ma-Ma (Their great grandmother) the most flowers!

This meadow was abundant with the little pink wildflowers this year and we let them pick as many as they wanted. Later, my house was filled with numerous bouquets of the sweet, delicately scented, little pink and white flowers, which we saved from their offerings to Ma-Ma!

It was such a thrill to see Alli and Chey bring handfuls of flowers to Ma-Ma, over and over. Such a delight for her, for the little girls and for my sister and me!

This is a memory I will always cherish!



Ginga
(Junie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home