Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Poem: Mom's Last Roses

Friday, February 03, 2006

Poem: Mom's Last Roses



Mom’s Last Roses


These are Mom’s last roses.
I kept a little part
of all the roses given,
from every grieving heart.

I handled them so gently
and dried them - as you see.
I found the perfect basket-
arranged them carefully.

I found the sweetest ribbon,
and made this fancy bow-
attaching it, expertly!
It had to be - just so!

It had to turn out special,
and easily convey…
how much I do still love her
and miss her every day!

These are Mom’s last roses.
They’ll always be a part
of all my memories of her
and the sorrow in my heart.


June Kellum
Sept. 2005

2 Comments:

At 3:22 AM , Blogger Merle said...

June ~~ What a beautiful post and tribute to your mother. I have
enjoyed all the stories and the
photos on this site. Mama's Roses
are lovely as is the poem.
I am glad you liked the poem that
my grandad wrote and family stories. Have a good week ahead.

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks so much Merle.

When we lose someone so close to us we just need to recapture every little memory and get it into words...at least it has been that way with me, after losing Mom.

I hope , in the future, my kids and grandkids will be grateful that I have recorded a little of my old memories of my early family life.

My mom talked a lot of her early life and I loved listening- I guess I'm a lot like Mom in a lot of ways! :) That's good!

Oh,yes-I LOVED that poem of your grand dad's...Haven't yet read the others on your brother's poetry site- but I plan to!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home