Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Early School Days

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Early School Days



In first grade, on picture taking day, Mama put my hair in braids.

In second grade, I had my hair in Shirley Temple type curls, due to my older sister’s efforts.
She liked doing my hair in those days. :)


I remember a production at school during this year. Perhaps a spring thing, as it involved flowers!
I was a blue “Forget-Me-Not”, with sky blue petals around my face, which Mama helped to make!

…But the little girl who was a ”Rose” was prettier, I thought!

An early disappointment! :(


Remembering….
Nov.’03


Note:

thus - the source for my passion for roses in later years?? ( SMILE )


wondering... as I write this on May 29, 2005



~~~~~~



The Colored Rose…


Once, as a child in my early school years,
I colored a picture of a rose and copied a poem.
(someone else’s words, but pretty)
It was a Mother’s Day card for Mama!

Going through Mom’s things, packing them away,
I found this card again.
…Something she had treasured all these years…so many years!

Later, in my life, I learned to express my own thoughts
and feelings in my own poems.

I hope I said “I love you” enough, Mom! :)


Remembering…
Nov. 2003

1 Comments:

At 4:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home