Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: About Ma-Ma

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

About Ma-Ma



Thinking of Mom...

Today is the 6th. anniversary of Mom's leaving us. In many ways it seems much longer.I can honestly say there has never been a day I have not thought of her and missed her and wished she could still be here with us all.

So many things have happened since she passed on...so much sadness within the family...

This is a picture I found tonight of a happy day for all of us! I believe this was the second birthday/reunion party we had for her. It was Jan.6th, 1990, on her 81st. birthday!

She , so, looked forward to these reunions every year and we were able to share this with her for 12 years! She loved having all the kids, grand kids, and great grand kids come-as well as other relatives and friends. Our little farm was the perfect place for a bunch of folks to get together! :)

Here is Mom with her 5 'Kids!'



Love,

June Bug
( Junie )

Labels: , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Blogger Carole Burant said...

Such a beautiful picture of your mom and family, dear Junie. Having just had the 30th anniversary of my dad's death, I can understand how much you're missing your mom as well. Big hugs sent your way. xoxo

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Thanks, Pea.

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Ginger said...

Hi Junie,
I found you today through Watery Wednesday. I also lost my grandmother, just this past Oct., whp was 96 at the time, and I have started a blog in her memory.
http://gladysstory.wordpress.com/dear-grandmama/
Thank you for sharing your precious memories and photos.
ginger

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Ginger,

Thanks for coming here. People don't often visit this blog or any of my other blogs (except the main one) so I'm always surprised and pleased when someone comes.

I started this blog, about my early memories with Mom, after her death as a way to help deal with the grief. Also to get into words as many of the early memories as I could. I started with my earliest ones (at about age 3) and continued on through the years. So to get the story of my life with Mom (in just little pieces) you will need to start at the beginning of this blog.
(January 2006)

I will be interested in reading your memories of your grandmother too. Writing really does help!

Thanks again,


Junie

 
At 2:38 AM , Blogger Ginger said...

Junie, I started the blog about Grandmama for the same reason. In her case, she had already written the story of her life, as well as so many poems. I am just trying to get it all down in one place, so other family members can enjoy it. it takes alot of time and energy, so it's a work in progress. I'm glad we "connected". Stay in touch,
Ginger

 
At 4:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home