Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Poem: Annie Down the Well

Monday, January 23, 2006

Poem: Annie Down the Well

Annie Down the Well


“Annie down the well!!”
Panic! Panic!

“Get Daddy’s help - and Brother’s!”
Mama and I are both frantic!

“As fast as you can- crank the handle-
send the bucket down!”

They do - again and yet again - in vain!
Annie is never found!

A three year old is broken hearted.
Her face is washed clean with hot tears.

Rag doll, Annie, is forever lost,
yet, remembered over all these many years.





This is one of my earliest memories and, apparently, a traumatic
event in my young life. I have never forgotten it through the years.
As far as I can figure, I was around three years of age.
All through my life I have had a love of dolls, all types of dolls,
but especially rag dolls - homemade dolls.
I believe losing Annie in the well had a lot to do with my lifelong
love of dolls.
Or was it BECAUSE of my love of dolls
(at such an early age) that I was so affected by losing Annie in the well?


Just some thoughts…

June (Ginga)
Remembering…Nov 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home