Photobucket About Mom: My early memories: Poem: Mom

Monday, January 23, 2006

Poem: Mom

Mom, So Many Months Have Passed



I never knew how very much my heart would ache.
I never did imagine - or come close to knowing-
how much time that it would take.
Just going through the things
you once held dear -and touched…
it’s so hard to cast them all aside,
these simple, ordinary things you loved so much.
...So...here are boxes, filled with memories of you;
things I can’t find the courage to discard.
The last of my dear Mom, packed lovingly away.
Oh, it’s hard - it’s all so very hard!
Just bits and pieces of your life,
all so much a part of you.
Little things you’ve saved, and valued,
and so- I will always treasure too!
...But how to keep the smile, to hold on to
the memory of your warm embrace;
the sweet and funny ways of you...
the things impossible to ever be replaced?
As of now, I still can close my eyes
and see your smile,
hear your voice, feel your gentle touch.
…But in awhile,
I fear these memories will start to go-
to fade away-
leaving just these things of yours,
of which I’m struggling with today!
I pray the memories of you, Mom, will always linger,
never will depart,
bringing me both pain and pleasure
in equal measure,
always and forever,
here in my heart!


June Kellum
Sept.2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home